Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Russian Wall Street Journal, Despair Poster

I was recently published in the Russian Wall Street Journal/Financial Times publication called Vedemosti. The reporter who did the interview, Victorya, was kind enough to send me a physical copy of the newspaper I was in:


The problem is, I have NO CLUE what it says about me! Everything is in Russian. On the other hand, I am extremely facinated by seeing my picture and not being able to read what the text says.


I will probably frame this article just for its conversation starter appeal.
I'll also at some point translate the interview. I know the guy who writes HowToBePoor speaks Russian.


*Update: The article was translated for me.
----------------------------

A website I've liked for some time now is Despair Inc. They sell demotivational stuff, which I think is absolutely hilarious and brilliant.

I recently bought this poster to hang over my VoIP phone which I use mainly for business purposes. The poster is so absurd that it makes me want to do the opposite.


Surprisingly, the package the poster came in was from an Austin address not very far from where I live. I'll probably swing by their office to see what goes on there, just purely out of curiosity.

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:47 PM

    Bravo, Nev!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:38 PM

    Congrats on the plug in Russian. It certainly will be a conversation starter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:04 PM

    Nev, I've translated the article from Russian and posted it on my blog because I wasn't sure of Blogger's limitations on number of characters.

    Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I too am a big fan of those posters. I find most of them to be pretty funny. :D

    http://twins15.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:46 AM

    AWSOME! Congrats on the mention Nev. Add this one to your resume.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:03 PM

    Nev, I thought you had word verification on. That's one smart robot ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:38 PM

    "That's one smart robot ..."

    Or one dumb person :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:20 AM

    Most likely a dumb person ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:29 PM

    That's hilarious. You'll probably have a huge Russian following now. Maybe you should sell your pixels in dollars and rubles.
    Hazzard

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:36 AM

    Congrats on your next big mention Nev! Ya really have a knack for getting a lot of press, mind sharing your secrets??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:10 PM

    Congrats!

    I think it should be fascinated though, not facinated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous8:21 AM

    I'd just assume put a babe poster up. Perhaps a door size Vanna White or Kim Basinger.

    ReplyDelete

Please restrict your comments to the topic at hand, for the benefit of all who may be reading. Thank you!
-Neville
NevBlog Comment Policy.