Three days ago I had
$138 in my spending account, now I have
$44! Since it's my last semester here at UT, I have been going out to
nicer places in Austin which also tend to
cost more. I used to survive on $60 a month!
I believe in
spending money, it drives the economy, but I also believe in
spending within your means. Any money you bring in should first be subjected to a swipe off the top which goes straight to your
savings, the rest you can spend.
My
personal system for distributing income is currently:
- %40 - Permanent Savings
- %40 - Investment Account
- %20 - Spending Account
With Bank of America I have
automatic transfers that put the following amounts in my accounts
each week:
- Spending Account - $10
- Investment Account - $60
- Permanent Savings - $40
This all adds up to a decent amount of money every month, but it won't be
near enough for the real world in a few months! I will be opening up
two more accounts very soon, so I need to
redistribute my incoming money plan.
Damn
ReplyDeleteWhat are you spending $100 in 3 days on?